Please check with campsites before setting off. Covid means some won’t be open, some will have fewer or reduced facilities and some may be limiting bookings. Please don’t wild camp unless you’re absolutely sure you won’t upset local people. Don’t wild camp unless you’re prepared to take all your gear and rubbish away with you.
The Quiet Site, Ullswater – our first video review
Our top ten posts this week
- Camp in your car? Here's how!
- Our guide to the best campervans and compact caravans
- Camping gear must-haves – our 60 best finds
- Buyers' guide to campervan heaters
- The best camping stoves...and the worst
- Fast and light – our choice for driveaway awnings and shelters
- Can we camp now? Covid, camping, lockdown and hope
- When you just have to....portable camping toilets
- Which camping fridge? We put fridges and coolboxes to the test
- Ditchin' the kitchen...why we chose a VW Beach campervan